Friday, October 23, 2009

BINGO!

Wow, what can I say? Last night's visit to Mimbres Memorial Hospital & Nursing Home was... great. The residents were so happy to see us! I arrived early to set up and one of the residents came in. She looked at me and my Lions shirt and shouted, "Oh good! The Lions club is here! I was hoping you'd come see us!" That was probably the proudest moment of my Lionship. Our club purchased $100 worth of "Bingo Prizes" for the nursing home. They play BINGO every other day and believe me, they love it! We played BINGO for an hour and I have to say, it was a really special time. I would like to thank the following Lions for going: Karen, Nancy, Wayne, LeRoy and guest Will Schalip. I know the residents were very happy yesterday night. I promised them that we'd be back soon to play. I hope we can make it!

See you on October 27th for our next meeting. We have a lot to talk about.

Lion David

No comments: